1. Affiliate Links–Disclaimer
We are a part of the Amazon Affiliate Program, and some of the links on strollerinsider.com are affiliate links. If you click on the links, that will lead you to affiliate sites, and if you decide to make a purchase within a specified time frame, we may earn a small commission. There is no extra cost to you–but you help us to maintain this website.
Please click the bold text to read our full affiliate disclaimer. Thank you for your support!
Amazon Associate Program
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases only.
2. Terms of Service
3.1. This policy applies where:
- a) we are acting as a data controller with respect to your personal data; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of processing that personal data and/or
- b) where we are acting as a data processor with respect to your personal data, in other words, where we process personal data as instructed by another party.
3.2. This policy applies where we are collecting Personally Identifiable Information (as further described below) from individuals and sole proprietors and does not apply to the collection of data from corporate entities.
4. How We Use Your Data
4.1. In this Section 4, we have set out:
- (i) the general categories of personal data that we may process;
- (ii) the purposes for which we may process personal data; and
- (iii) the legal bases of the processing.
4.2. Types and Uses of Collected Information: Company collects two types of information about you, “Personally Identifiable Information” and “Non-Personally Identifiable Information”.
4.3. Personally Identifiable Information: Personally identifiable information is information that identifies a specific person. We do not ask for any of your personal information which would enable us to identify you other than your first name and email address, and we never share or sell this information.
4.4. How we collect Personally Identifiable Information:
- (i) when you engage in certain activities via the Service, including but not limited to posting comments, sending feedback (by using Contact Form), or otherwise participating in the Service (collectively, “Identification Activities”), we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself: your name and email address, to send you communications and to provide our Service to you. Using Contact Form and posting comments is voluntary; therefore, sharing information about yourself is also voluntary.
4.5. What kind of Personally Identifiable Information do we collect, and how do we use it:
- (ii) We may process data about your use of our website and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency, and pattern of your website and services usage. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analyzing the use of the website and Service. The legal basis for this processing is your consent or our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and service.
- (iii) We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“correspondence data”). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. Our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping. The legal basis for this processing is your consent or our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
- (iv) we may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights, and the legal rights of others.
- (v) in addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this Section 4, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- (vi) please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us unless we prompt you to do so and you have that person’s authorization to provide such, which we may verify via a method chosen in our sole discretion.
- (vii) protecting Your personal information is very important here on strollerinsider.com, and we want them to remain private. The only personal information we may collect is listed above (your name, e-mail address, usage data, and correspondence data). Keep in mind that strollerinsider.com or Jennifer Ward NEVER requests other personal information (like home/business address, phone number, credit card number, or any other sensitive information) on the website, via e-mail, social media, or telemarketing, and NEVER sells anything. In case someone contacts you and asks for your personal information or offers you something to buy on behalf of strollerinsider.com or Jennifer Ward, do not respond, as these requests are not from us.
4.6. Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer the Services, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group for any lawful business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers, sponsors, clients, and customers.
5. Providing Your Personal Data to Others
5.1. We may disclose your personal data to one or more of those selected Third-Party Providers of products on or linked from our website, identified on our website, for the purpose of enabling them to provide you with products and services.
5.2. In addition, as our business changes, we may buy or sell various assets. In the event all or a portion of the assets owned or controlled by us, our parent, or any subsidiary or affiliated entity are sold, assigned, transferred, or acquired by another company, the information from and/or about our Service users may be among the transferred assets.
5.3. In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section 4, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
6. Release of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
6.1. We may disclose or share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Third Party Service Providers and the public. For example, we may share aggregated demographic information (which does not include any Personally Identifiable Information) or use Third Party Service Providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume of statistical information from our users to administer the Service. We may also publish this aggregated information for promotional purposes. Such data is collected on our behalf and is owned and used by us.
6.2. We may use Third Party Service Providers to serve ads when you participate in the Service. These companies may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your visits and use of the Service, and visits to other websites or locations to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Our advertising service vendors and other Third Parties will, at times, also use tracking technologies to serve you advertisements tailored to interests you have shown by browsing on this Service and other sites, applications, destinations, and services you have visited and to determine whether you have seen a particular advertisement before to avoid sending you duplicate advertisements, and for other lawful business purposes.
7. Choices on Collection/Use of Information
You can always choose not to provide certain information, although a certain level of information is required to engage and participate in the Service.
8. About Cookies
8.1. A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
8.2. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session when the web browser is closed.
8.3. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
9. Cookies Used by Our Service Providers and/or Affiliates
10. Managing Cookies
10.1. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- (i) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- (ii) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop (Firefox);
- (iii) https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/ (Opera);
- (iv) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d (Internet Explorer);
- (v) https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/cookies/ (Safari); and
- (vi) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-bb8174ba-9d73-dcf2-9b4a-c582b4e640dd (Edge).
10.2. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
10.3. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
11. Local Device Storage and other Tracking Technologies; Do Not Track (DNT)
11.1. The Service will, at times, place and/or store code or other types of information and/or devices (e.g., “cookies”) on your computer, mobile, or other devices (“Local Device Storage”). We may use Local Device Storage for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to determine which of our messages have been opened by recipients so we can gauge the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, control the display of ads, track usage patterns, the movements of individual users, and your geographic location, to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, to analyze trends, to conduct research, to deliver editorial content, to record registration and personalization information, and to administer the Service otherwise.
11.2. If you do not want Local Device Storage, your computer, mobile, or other devices may include an option that allows you not to accept it. However, if you disable Local Device Storage, some portions of the Service may not function properly.
12.1. We continually improvise our websites and our products, and we utilize different third-party web analytics tools to help us do so. We are interested in how visitors use our websites, our desktop tools, mobile applications, or our API, what they like and dislike, and where they have problems. Our products, desktop tools, mobile applications, and API use analytical tools to understand feature usage patterns, enhance and improve your product experience and offer you specific usage tips and guidance. In connection with normal business operations, as well as to increase functionality and enhance your user experience, this usage information may be linked to personal information that we have about individual users. We maintain ownership of this data, and we do not share this type of data about individual users with third parties.
12.2. This information is used solely to assist us in maintaining more effective and useful websites and products for our customers. This data will not be shared with third parties without your prior consent or unless required by law.
13. Transfer of Information
14. Security of Information
14.2. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or via e-mail is completely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the protection of all personal information in all cases. For example, we cannot guarantee protection against interception, misappropriation, misuse, or alteration or that your information will not be disclosed or accessed by the unauthorized acts of others. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Materials posted in the comment section of online forums such as bulletin boards or chat rooms are public, not secure, and may be viewed by anyone. Any personal information you post may be collected and used by anyone and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties. Please do not post your personal information (like address, phone number, credit card number, etc.) in a comment or Contact Form where other Internet users may see it.
15. Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents
California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by COPPA, we will provide you with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the Service and the categories of third-party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. COPPA further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email to the address found below. When contacting us, please indicate your name, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with our marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice”. Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
16.1 This Service is not intended for use by children under the age of sixteen (16). No one under the age of sixteen (16) is allowed to use the Service or provide any Personally Identifiable Information to any of the sections of our Site. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, children under the age of eighteen (18) must have parental or guardian permission to use the Service, and such parent or guardian agrees to assist us in our reasonable efforts to verify in such cases that consent is given
17. Additional Terms that Apply to Some Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA)
In addition to the rights already recorded above, if you are based in the EEA, you may have the following additional rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you in accordance with The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
18. Additional Rights
18.1. In this Section 18, we have summarized the rights that you may have under data protection laws in the EEA. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
18.2. Your principal rights under data protection laws in the EEA are:
- (i) the right to access;
- (ii) the right to rectification;
- (iii) the right to erasure;
- (iv) the right to restrict processing;
- (v) the right to object to processing;
- (vi) the right to data portability;
- (vii) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- (viii) the right to withdraw consent.
18.3. You have the right to confirmation as to whether we process your personal data and, where we do, access the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply you with a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
18.4. You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, considering the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
18.5. In some circumstances, you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes, and the personal data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary: for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
18.6. In some circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful, but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
18.7. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by a third party or by us. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
18.8. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
18.9. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
18.10. To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
- (i) consent; or
- (ii) that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
18.11. To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
18.12. If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
18.13. You may access the personal information that we hold by contacting us using the contact details below. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you. However, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable amount for providing copies of any personal information you request to take into account the time, cost, and effort involved.
18.14. You may request that the personal information we hold about you be corrected by contacting us. If we do not agree to your request for a correction, you may then request that we take reasonable steps to attach to the information a statement of the correction sought but not made.
18.15. Please be aware that some of these rights may be limited or unavailable where we have an overriding interest or legal obligation to continue to process the data or where data may be exempt from disclosure.
19. Other Information
The owner of the website took pictures with the sign strollerinsider.com. Other pictures belong to specific manufacturers (the official brand website is the source of photos).
Articles on strollerinsider.com are not intended to be medical advice.