(Kindly note that the product has been discontinued. You can read the review for information purposes only)
Bugaboo Fox 2 is made lighter, stylish, and more user-friendly as an upgrade to Meghan Markle’s favorite Bugaboo Fox 2019 version. The all-new Fox 2 is a premium, lightweight (only 22 lbs.) single stroller, a convertible travel system that glides over any terrain with its upgraded suspension system and big-sized wheels. It’s sturdy yet ranks among the most lightweight full-sized strollers available on the market. We admire this stroller as one of the best luxurious strollers, almost from every corner, with no significant downsides (apart from the non-adjustable footrest and too many harness points). Is it the best full-sized stroller available to date?
Let’s go for an in-depth Bugaboo Fox 2 review to find out if the stroller is the best you can get and has it all to become your choice too.
- The Evolution Of Bugaboo Fox 2
- Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: What's In the box?
- Summing Up Bugaboo Fox 2
- Bugaboo Fox 2: Size And Weight
- Colors Variations Of Bugaboo Fox 2
- Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Upgrades From The Bugaboo Fox
- Features Of Bugaboo Fox 2
- Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Ease of Use
- Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Build Quality
- Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Maneuverability
- Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Versatility
- Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Foldability
- Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Infant Car Seat Compatibility
- Bugaboo Fox 2 Compatible Accessories
- Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Things We Love
- Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Things to Consider Before Buying
- Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Bugaboo Fox 2 vs. Other Bugaboos
- Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Bugaboo Fox 2 vs. Others
- My Verdict
The Evolution Of Bugaboo Fox 2
- 2018 Bugaboo Fox replaced the Bugaboo Buffalo, a heavier all-terrain stroller that was difficult to maneuver on rougher terrains. 5 lbs. lighter Bugaboo Fox was a stylish, user-friendly, and sturdy infant to toddler stroller.
- 2020 Bugaboo Fox 2 was launched with better suspension, an improved canopy, a recline lever, fold triggers, and two bassinet storage pockets. This all-new Bugaboo has a configurator to choose a color for the seat and handlebar!
Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: What’s In the box?
- Stroller frame
- Bassinet/seat frame with fabrics
- bumper bar
- Two front wheels, two back wheels
- Rotating carry handle
- toddler seat hardware, toddler seat fabric,
- Under-seat basket, canopy, canopy clamps, canopy wires, rain cover
- Covers for the handlebar and bumper bar
- Wheels with wheel caps
Summing Up Bugaboo Fox 2
Our Long Bugaboo Fox 2 review cut short:
It comes with a bassinet and toddler seat fabric, a full-coverage extendable canopy with a peek-a-boo window with a central joint, and an additional four-wheel suspension that offers excellent maneuverability and joy-ride-a premium, stylish all-terrain stroller, the way you can imagine.
- Two-hand folding option
Bugaboo Fox 2: Size And Weight
The 23.6-inch wide Bugaboo Fox 2 moves through doorways and elevators easily. The Fox 2 is much lighter than the competition, the UPPAbaby Vista V2 (in comparing seat, frame, and wheel). It is one of the lightest full-sized convertible strollers there is to transport it without much hassle. Below you will find the detailed size and weight dimensions.
- Stroller Weight: 21.8 pounds
- Front Wheels: 8.5 inches
- Rear Wheels: 12 inches
- Min-max handlebar height: 34.6 – 42.5 inches
- Maximum capacity of seat: 50 pounds
- Maximum capacity of the under-seat basket: 22 pounds
- Compact two-piece fold: 34 x 52 x 86 cm (H x W x L)
- One-piece self-standing fold: 90 x 60 x 47 cm (H x W x L)
- Lowest handlebar position: 88x 60 x 104 cm (H x W x L)
- Highest handlebar position: 108 x 60 x 104 cm (H x W x L)
Colors Variations Of Bugaboo Fox 2
The upgraded Bugaboo Fox 2 comes in trendy colors. In addition, it offers customization in color for the canopy, seat, bassinet grips, wheel caps, and frame. That means more freedom for you to choose!
You can customize the color based on the color range for specific stroller parts.
Available color range:
- Frame: Aluminum and black.
- The seat fabrics and bassinet with apron: Black, Grey Mélange, Red Mélange, Blue Mélange, and Green Mélange.
- Fabrics for the sun canopy: Sky Blue, Ruby Red, Neon Red, Olive Green, Soft Pink, Black, Fresh White, Blue Melange, Birds, Sunrise Yellow, Grey Melange, Red Melange, Tucan Or Waves.
- Faux leather grips: handlebar, bassinet carry handle
- Belly Bar: Brown, Black, and Cognac.
- Wheel caps: Glossy Black, Wood Brilliant White, and Dark Red.
So, there is a wide array of color options available for urban or trendy parents. You can do it on pishposhbaby.
How does it work?
First, pick the color of the frame. Then choose the color for the seat fabric and bassinet. You can mix-match all the colors available. Next, select the color for the canopy (14 colors!), so you have plenty of colors to choose from. In the end, go for the color of the covers, handlebar, belly bar, and wheel caps.
If you are confused about color issues, Bugaboo Fox also comes in ready-made versions. Check them now at Amazon.
Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Upgrades From The Bugaboo Fox
- It comes with an extendable sun canopy and a peekaboo window with extra ventilation that offers extra comfort for your baby. The renewed canopy allows you the opportunity to connect with your baby more. The previous Bugaboo Fox canopy did not include ventilation or a peek-a-boo window.
- Newly added two front pockets on the bassinet to tuck away all those wipes and toys.
- Folding buttons are convenient, reengineered, and repositioned to make folding and storing easier.
- Compared to the original Bugaboo Fox, the new Fox 2 belly bar rotates and allows a baby in or out in a toddler seat or pram mode.
- Updated open enclosure mechanism, so it’s super easy to fold and unfold with one hand.
- Updated rivet springs.
- Updated stitching in the bassinet and the seat, all to give you that clean and smoother look than the original Bugaboo Fox.
- The Fox 2 under-seat basket has one more refined pocket than the Fox, which gives it a cleaner look.
- The latest Bugaboo Fox 2 comes with a wide range of fabric colors, including the stunning Mineral collection.
Features Of Bugaboo Fox 2
Now, this Bugaboo Fox 2 review will go in-depth into the different features of the stroller.
The regular seat in Fox and Fox 2 is suitable for 6-month-old babies with grown necks and who have learned to control their heads. The toddler seat is 14 inches wide and 10.2 inches deep. The highest baby weight it can carry is 50 lbs. The seat is reversible, so your baby can face you or face the world according to your preferences.
The seat can be reclined in 3 positions and reclines with one hand. The deepest recline is flat but not entirely flat. The baby can take a short nap in it too. The most upright position allows one to explore the world in full view. In both the Fox models, not the backrest only, the whole seat reclines.
The fabrics used in the seat are premium, breathable, soft, stylish, and available in trendy colors. The fabric is machine washable, superb quality, and elegant.
There is a rotatable belly bar attached to the seat for protection. It is convenient so that you can take the baby in and out easily and quickly. This belly bar is stylish and has a premium look with faux leather wrapping.
Another cool thing. What I liked was the height of the seat, which is 23 inches above the ground. That means you can contact your baby easily; you don’t have to bend much, so there is no added difficulty for parents with back issues. Besides, the seat functions as a high chair at a restaurant table, so your baby does not miss any action whatsoever.
The seat also features a 5-point harness system with adjustable straps. You may need to strap each strap to the middle buckle, but one cool thing is that you don’t need to adjust the harness or rethread every time. Much credit to the memory foam. The straps do not annoy while placing the baby in the seat.
The Bugaboo Fox 2 canopy is extendable with three panels; one of them has a zipper. While fully extended, it covers most of the seat, so your baby is covered from head to toe no matter how the seat reclines! So, your baby gets complete protection from the sun’s harmful rays. Although extending up to two panels is good enough, I think.
Although the Bugaboo Fox doesn’t have a peek-a-boo window, the all-new Bugaboo Fox 2 features a pick-a-boo window, so you can always keep an eye on your baby. Not one but two large mesh peek-a-boo windows offer excellent ventilation for your baby.
If you choose to buy the Bugaboo Fox 2019 version, there is no peek-a-boo window or enough ventilation; a solution you may opt for is purchasing a Breezy Sun Canopy with mesh side vents for air-flow, a small peek-a-boo window to have a peek at your baby.
Bugaboo Fox and Fox 2 is newborn-ready with a bassinet fabric included. The bassinet’s interior is very spacious, offering a flat position for newborns. The canopy is functional for the bassinet too. Same as the toddler seat, the third canopy panel covers the complete bassinet, and your baby gets optimum protection and can take a sound nap inside.
In Fox 2 version, there are additional storage pockets attached to the bassinet exterior. You can organize a few things like a phone or keys.
The bassinet apron is hooked with a zipper, so it is removable and machine washable too. The bassinet also comes with a belly bar that can be used as a carry handle if you need to carry it separately. The bar is wrapped in leatherette fabric.
One quirky thing about the bassinet is that you can fold the Bugaboo Fox 2 stroller with the bassinet attached to the frame! Just recline the canopy like the toddler seat, and fold the stroller. If you don’t like to detach the bassinet every time you fold, it’s a convenient option for you.
The Bugaboo Fox 2 has a telescopic height-adjustable handlebar. short or tall. However, whatever your height is, you will find it comfortable. The handlebar can be pushed with a bit of effort and with the use of one hand. The previous Fox 2019 also boasts this feature.
How to adjust: Unlock the two white buckles on both sides of the bar, pull or push the bar as required, and then lock the buckles for a firm adjustment.
The handlebar on the Bugaboo Fox 2019 and Fox 2 2020 both boast a telescopic handlebar. This handlebar is wrapped in a leatherette cover that is elegant and classy.
Wheels & Suspension:
The Bugaboo Fox and Fox 2 both boast four big air-filled all-terrain tires. These tires are also puncture-proof, bigger, and improved with a top-notch suspension system.
When I got the chance to test the stroller, these tires proved their merit and could handle bumpy terrain and ice-skating. It offers a smoother ride over rougher terrain. Apart from that, its wheels swivel 360°, offering swift and joyful maneuvering.
The front wheels are 8.5′′ in diameter and swivel; you can lock them in the straight position for rougher terrain. The rear wheels are bigger at 12″.
The suspension system of Bugaboo Fox 2 is the best-in-class shock-absorbing central-joint suspension, with the addition of rear and front wheel suspension for added stability while gliding over rugged terrains. Let me remind you, it’s not a specialized jogging stroller, but it will offer a bump-free experience for your baby in city terrains like parks, shopping malls, green fields, etc., and is best for shopping, groceries, or running errands.
All credit goes to the bigger wheels and ultra-shock-absorbing suspension system; the terrain-friendly Bugaboo Fox and Fox 2 can easily roll over plains, grass, or gravel.
Did I forget to mention that if you are adventurous enough, you can turn the Bugaboo Fox or the all-new Fox 2 into a two-wheel position? It’s great for snowy or sandy terrain. There is a strap to hold onto to avoid any unusual slipping. In a two-wheel position, you can pull the stroller behind you if needed.
The brake system in Bugaboo Fox 2 is user-friendly. All you need to do is press a pedal placed near the left rear wheel. The pedal is big enough for your foot. Press the pedal once again to release it. Super easy, right?
On top of it, there are simple color indicators for break status. Red indicates locked, and green denotes unlocked.
One thing I did not like is that the brake is placed near the basket. So, it’s difficult not to touch the basket fabric while pressing the brake with the whole foot. Anyways, if you use the toe part only, it’s not that annoying. You will get used to it-no worries.
Bugaboo Fox and Bugaboo Fox 2 both boast big storage baskets. The basket has a weight capacity of a whopping 22 lbs. The basket is easily accessible. Bugaboo Fox 2 has side pockets so that you can carry your accessories too. However, the seat is reclined; you can reach the storage basket from the front or back.
Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Ease of Use
My Bugaboo Fox 2 review finds its super-smooth maneuverability on terrains. It’s simply easier to push, among the best-in-class pushing experiences I have ever had. It’s the flagship stroller from the brand; credit is due to its superb engineering: central joint all-wheel suspension, bigger Bugaboo swivel wheels. With the simplest effort imaginable, and the use of one hand, you will be able to glide it through city surfaces.
You will also appreciate the tiniest details of this stroller, thoughtfully crafted from high seat placement that makes it easy to lift baby in and out, bassinet and under basket organizers, compact fold, taking as little space as possible to store, and folding with the bassinet or the seat. You are undoubtedly kept in the center while engineering this gem of a premium all-terrain stroller.
Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Build Quality
The aluminum frame is sturdy and built to last longer, yet light in weight. The fabrics are water-resistant and have UPF ratings. The leatherette grip is comfortable to carry and push, and the big foam-filled wheels are built to easily roll on surfaces. The overall build quality is top-notch. It is a flagship, premium, and luxurious pushchair that is built to amaze.
Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Maneuverability
The strolling experience is where the Bugaboo Fox pram excels compared to its competitors and above. Its superior advanced suspension and swivel wheels make it a joy to push over any terrain, from plain to sandy or snowy. For a smooth ride over the rougher terrain, just lock the front swivel wheels into straight positions. Seamless maneuverability made this full-size stroller a real deal among all all-terrain pushchairs.
Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Versatility
My Bugaboo Fox 2 review finds it versatile as a single stroller. The Bugaboo Fox and Fox 2 are suitable from birth, a newborn to toddler stroller that supports a bassinet or a car seat adapter. The seat is reversible and reclinable. You can adjust the Bugaboo according to your needs. The seat is high enough to be used as a high chair in the restaurant to feed the baby. It’s not a double stroller like the UPPAbaby Vista V2, yet it is most versatile as a single premium stroller.
Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Foldability
The Fox 2 folding mechanism is praiseworthy and a handsome upgrade from its predecessor. It folds flat and compact. You can fold with the child seat or bassinet too, folding is not compact this way and may not be suitable to stash in the car trunk easily.
The Bugaboo fox 2 has two other modes to fold:
- One-piece self-standing fold, best for storing.
- Compact two-piece fold, suitable for trips.
How to fold Bugaboo Fox 2: (without seat or bassinet)
- Detach the seat or bassinet: Lower the handlebars completely, then lower the seat; there is a button on both sides of the frame. Pull the handle placed behind the seat. That’s it.
Note: When folded, the stroller automatically locks and also stands independently.
How to fold Bugaboo Fox 2: (without seat or bassinet)
- Lower the canopy: Recline the seat close to the frame. Pull the folding button placed on both sides of the frame. Pull the frame down to fold it.
Note: Folding with the seat or bassinet takes a lot of room; it would not be a compact fold.
Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Infant Car Seat Compatibility
In my Bugaboo Fox 2 review, we will reveal how infant car seat-compatible Bugaboo Fox and Fox 2 are. Both strollers are versatile and can convert into a travel system. It is compatible with a car seat replacing the seat/bassinet.
Both strollers are compatible with many popular car seat brands: Britax, Chicco, Cybex, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, and Peg Perego.
Infant car seats compatible with Bugaboo Fox and Fox 2
- Bugaboo Turtle by Nuna
- Nuna Pipa
- Nuna Pipa Lite, Nuna Pipa Lite LX
- Aton M, Aton Q, Cloud Q, Aton 2
- Mico 30, Mico Max
- Peg Perego
- Primo Viaggio 4-35 Nido, Primo Viaggio 4-35
- Britax Romer
- Endeavors, B-Safe 35, B-Safe 35 Elite
- Clek Living
Bugaboo Fox 2 Compatible Accessories
Unfortunately, the Bugaboo Fox premium stroller doesn’t come with accessories in the box. But both strollers are compatible with a wide array of compatible accessories that you can purchase separately, such as a cup holder, Breezy Sun Canopy, snack tray, wheeled board, stroller organizer, and supports up to 40 handy accessories!
Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Things We Love
- The lightest full-sized Stroller: This sturdy full-sized stroller is unbelievably light, weighing only 21.8 lbs, 5 lbs. less than the UPPAbaby Vista V2! Lightweight means easy to push around with the slightest effort, and easy to carry and transport.
- Newborn to toddler stroller: Use the seat frame that can be turned into a bassinet or as a seat, using a different fabric (comes with the box). Now, you don’t have to throw away the stroller as your baby grows!
- A joy to push: The unbeatable suspension and great wheel offer best-in-class maneuverability over any terrain. You will love to carry your baby in Bugaboo Fox 2; your baby will love it too.
- Stylish and customizable: The Fox 2 is elegant in design and trendy, with a wide array of color statements. On top of that, you have the freedom to customize from top to toe: frame color, seat fabric, canopy fabric, handlebar grips, and even the wheel cap color!
- Reversible seat: You can choose to face your baby towards you or the world to explore, depending on your and your baby’s preference.
- Large, extendable sun canopy: The canopy extends almost up to touching the bassinet or seat. That’s the maximum coverage you can get. The mesh-peek-a-boo and enough ventilation in the canopy is a perk you will find in the Bugaboo fox 2.
- Compatible with a wide range of accessories: The Fox comes with both the seat and bassinet (since it’s the same thing), the bumper bar, and a rain cover. Other super well-designed accessories, like footmuffs, parasols, snack trays, cup holders, and more, are sold separately.
- Fits popular car seats: Bugaboo Fox is compatible with car seats and fits the most popular car seats from Britax, Cybex, Maxi Cosi, Nuna, and Peg Perego car seats.
Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Things to Consider Before Buying
- Non-adjustable Footrest: The Fox and Fox 2 footrests are fixed and not adjustable.
- Not convertible to a double stroller: Bugaboo Fox 2 is not convertible to a double stroller. The frame does not support any second seat. However, your grown-up toddler can use a wheel board to ride along with the stroller.
Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Bugaboo Fox 2 vs. Other Bugaboos
Bugaboo Fox 2 vs. Bugaboo Fox vs. Bugaboo Lynx
In this part of Bugaboo Fox 2 review, we will compare Bugaboo Fox and Fox 2, Bugaboo Lynx are great competitors! These are kind of similar in many aspects. The following comparison will help you find the difference between these strollers at a glance. Let’s find out.
Bugaboo Fox 2 Review: Bugaboo Fox 2 vs. Others
Bugaboo Fox 2 Vs. UPPAbaby VISTA V2
In our detailed Bugaboo Fox 2 review, we will be comparing The Bugaboo Fox 2 and the UPPAbaby VISTA V2, both of them are quite similar. Both strollers are full-sized, premium, luxury strollers. The most noticeable difference is that the Bugaboo Fox, unlike the Vista V2, cannot be converted to a double stroller. Let’s find a detailed comparison below.
Bugaboo Fox 2 Vs. Cybex Priam 3
Cybex Priam 3 can be an alternative to Bugaboo Fox 2. It’s an elegant full-sized stroller with all-terrain capability, just like the Fox 2. Yet, there is much difference in detail. Find below a comparison table to find out what’s the best for you.
|Bugaboo Fox 2 (Discontinued)
|Uppababy Vista 2
|Cybex Priam 3
|H: 108 x W: 60 x L: 104 cm
|H: 100 x W: 65 x L: 91.5 cm
|H: 108 x W: 60 x L: 85 cm
|H: 34 x W: 52 x L: 86 cm
|H: 84.5 x W: 65 x L: 44 cm
|H: 95 x W: 60 x L: 40 cm
|0-48 months, 48.5 lbs
|Toddler seat: up to 50 lbs;
Rumbleseat: up to 35 lbs
|up to 55 lbs
|up to 22 lbs
|Yes, Both Toddler & Rumbleseat
|2 hand, self-standing
|1 hand, self-standing
|1 hand, self-standing
|Yes (sold separately)
|Car seat compatibility
|Yes (with adapters)
|Yes (with & without adapters)
|Yes (with adapters)
|Extendable with peek-a-boo window
|2-Panel, extendable, peek-a-boo window
|XXL canopy with peek-a-boo window
|Convert to double
|View on Amazon
|View on Amazon
We have come to the end of Bugaboo Fox 2 review. It’s verdict time! The Bugaboo Fox 2 meets the expectations of an ideal premium stroller. From its looks to the overall build quality, the latest Fox 2 excels in every way imaginable. The seat is super-comfortable and versatile, with bassinet and car seat compatibility, and the canopy offers maximum coverage and protection. The frame is robust and built to last, and the storage basket is super spacious. Its enhanced suspension system and bigger shock-resistant wheels offer the smoothest maneuverability that leaves a lasting impression on you.
Moreover, it’s incredibly light compared to its competitors. Speaking of downsizes, it is not a double stroller, and the footrest is not adjustable. Compared to its competitors, the stroller stands out on its own. In its category, the Bugaboo is the best you can get in 2022. To sum up Bugaboo Fox 2 review, I consider it to be every parent’s dream!
Is Bugaboo Fox 2 a Lightweight Stroller?
The Bugaboo Fox 2 weighs only 22 lbs, considered one of the lightest full-size strollers in 2021.
Is Bugaboo Fox 2 an Infant Stroller?
Yes, Bugaboo Fox 2 is suitable for infants. The Bugaboo Fox 2 has a fully reclinable seat and is compatible with the bassinet and car seats.
Is it easy to take the carrycot and seat unit on and off?
The bassinet and seat are easy to take on and off. There are two large buttons to install and uninstall with a gentle click.
How safe is Bugaboo Fox 2?
Bugaboo Fox 2 has a five-point seat harness to keep the baby safe. Parents can adjust the harness by pulling the straps.
How easy is it to push the Bugaboo Fox 2?
Bugaboo Fox 2 rides smoothly with an excellent suspension system. The front wheels are lockable for running on the grass or uneven terrain.
How well does the brake perform on the Bugaboo Fox 2?
You need to press the rakes lightly with your toes to activate the brake. The brake is easily accessible and is accurate.
How would the stroller do on public transport?
The stroller easily fits the luggage compartments of planes or trains. However, the wheels can be an obstacle if you want to fit into a large suitcase.
Does the Bugaboo Fox 2 fit into the car boot?
Yes, the Bugaboo Fox 2 fits into any standard car boot.
Can it be converted into a Double Stroller?
No, the stroller does not convert into a double Stroller.
How easy is it to clean?
The seat of the stroller is easy-to-clean. You can wipe the dirt off the seat with a wet cloth.
Is Bugaboo Fox 2 fabric machine washable?
Yes, you can machine wash Bugaboo Fox 2 stroller. Check the instruction manual for further detail.
Can a baby sleep overnight in Bugaboo Fox 2?
Yes, Bugaboo Fox 2 is suitable for overnight sleep with the stand (to be purchased separately).
Related Posts The Ultimate Thule Sleek Review (Updated 2022) Cybex e Priam Review: The #1 Smart Stroller You Can Buy Now! UPPAbaby Vista V2 Accessories That Make Life Easier!
I research, test, review, and recommend the best products. My content is intended for informational and educational purposes only. If you buy something through links, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Stroller Insider is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As Amazon Associates, we earn from qualifying purchases.