The luxurious and premium Cybex Priam 3 is a 3-in-1 convertible travel system that includes an extra-large canopy, an all-wheel suspension system, and a super spacious basket (11 pounds). One extraordinary feature of this stroller is that it can be switched to a two-wheel mode. Besides, the Priam 3 allows you to customize the chassis and seat colors. The durable, stylish rose gold or all-black aluminum chassis sets it apart from competitors. now you can travel in elegance. Let’s figure out everything in this Cybex Priam 3 Review.
- Cybex Priam 3: What’s in the Box
- Cybex Priam 3 Review In Brief
- Detail Review of Cybex Priam 3 Features
- Pros & Cons of Cybex Priam 3
- Accessories of Cybex Priam 3
- Things We Loved About Cybex Priam 3
- Things to Consider Before Buying Cybex Priam 3
- Comparison Table: Cybex Priam 3 vs. Other Cybex Strollers
- Comparison Table: Cybex Priam 3 vs. Others
- Stroller Insider’s Verdict
Cybex Priam 3: What’s in the Box
- A seat unit
- Rain cover
- Car seat adapter
Cybex Priam 3 Review In Brief
- The good: Travel system ready, bassinet compatible without adapters, reversible and reclinable seat with an adjustable handlebar and leg rest, spacious storage basket, XXL sun canopy with a peek-a-boo window, and great suspension system to move on terrains.
- The bad: Heavy in weight and high in price.
|Weight of the stroller||28.1 pounds|
|Unfolded dimensions||108 cm x 60 cm x 85 cm|
|Folded dimensions||95 cm x 60 cm x 40 cm|
|Maximum weight capacity||55 pounds|
|Age range||0-36 months|
|Min to Max height of handlebar||38.6 – 42.5 inches|
|Basket’s weight capacity||11 pounds|
Cybex Priam 3 comes in different colors for the chassis and the seat unit: chrome, matte black and rose gold color. The chrome and black frame reflect a classic vibe, but the rose gold frame is somewhat fancy yet gives a classy look.
Moreover, the seat unit is made of vivid colors like black, Manhattan Grey, Indigo blue, True red and Fancy pink. The seat unit is also available in floral prints; spring blossom dark, spring blossom light, DJ Khaled-We are the best, simply flowers – Nude beige, simply flowers – Dream grey, and simply flowers – Pale brush. The Jeremy Scott – Wings Collection stroller has a sleek design that makes it different from other designs. Furthermore, the bumper bar and handlebar are covered with faux leatherette that alternates between black and brown color.
The Cybex Priam 3 stroller comes in multiple colors, where the chassis and seat unit complement each other. The seat unit is available in solid colors as well as in floral prints. Solid colors like grey or black reflect classic look whereas, the floral prints on the seat and canopy gives a chic vibe to the stroller. Cybex offers freedom in choosing, so you may customize it according to your preference.
Size & weight
Engineered in Germany, the stroller frame is made of aluminum. This is not a lightweight stroller. It weighs 28.1 pounds with the seats and the wheels. The wheels and seat unit can be removed in order to reduce weight, if you are travelling with a lot of luggage.
Moreover, the stroller is 95 cm x 60 cm x 40 cm when folded. The folded stroller easily fits on any standard car trunk. When unfolded, the dimension of the stroller is 108 cm x 60 cm x 85 cm that easily passes through any narrow pathways or doors of the stores.
Detail Review of Cybex Priam 3 Features
The reversible, roomy and comfortable seat is reclinable to a flat position. The reversible seat, now your baby can face you or the world. The seat is reclinable and newborn-ready with flat position. The seat can be reclined with just one hand, thanks to the reclinable lever at the back of the seat. The seat can carry 55 pounds easily and is fully padded for an enjoyable ride.
The seat unit package comes with Cybex Lite Cot. This convenient lite cot is used for newborns. It needs to be attached to the stroller seat to carry the baby.
The stroller is bassinet compatible, if you need one you have to purchase it separately. No adapters are required to attach a bassinet. Just, press the side buttons and place the carrycot on the chassis to install. It has memory buttons that remember that the buttons are pressed. You do not have to press anything while taking off the seat. The soft, breathable fabric ensures ultimate comfort for the baby.
Moreover, it has a canopy with UPF50+ protection material and an extendable visor.
The 5-point harness on the seat is easy to lock and unlock. The harness is padded and is released by pressing the button at the center. Moreover, a bumper bar made of luxury faux leather comes with a stroller for added safety of the baby. The bumper bar has a swing-away opening to reach your baby quickly.
The large canopy of the stroller has two regular panels and one zippered panel. Panels can be opened according to the need for shade for the baby. A peek-a-boo window with magnetic closure is given to take a look at your baby. Moreover, the canopy comes with a pop-out visor for extra shade.
The canopy is made of water-proof and UPF50+ protected material. Your baby will be safe from rain, storm or intense weather on this stroller. This canopy is easy to remove for washing.
Wheels and brakes
The stroller has four rubber-coated wheels for a smooth ride. The front wheels are 7.5 inches, and the rear wheels are 12 inches. The front swivel wheels are lockable when you ride through grass or gravel terrains, and the rear wheels absorb shock from the bumps of the road, giving a comfortable ride to the baby.
Brake is given on the axle of the rear wheels. It is easy to access to lock the wheels for parking.
The great suspension system, non-flat rubber wheels with locks and brakes provides smooth maneuverability. The stroller can glide through bumps on the roads easily, credit goes to its great suspension system, and the wheels absorb shocks to prevent disturbance during your baby’s nap.
The swiveling front wheels rotate 360 degrees, it’s lockable for strolling uphill or downhill. Its easily accessible brake allows easy maneuvering on different surfaces.
Moreover, these stroller wheels can be turned into beach mode. You can fold the front wheels and pull the large rear wheels on beach or snowy terrains. Moreover, the two-wheel mode offers hassle-free push-through stairs.
Fold and unfold
The stroller is foldable with the toddler seat on. You can fold the stroller with one hand and following some easy steps.
How to fold
Close the canopy and push the seat down. Press the button on the handle and lower the handle, and the stroller is folded. Just pull the handle up to unfold.
The stroller can be folded into a self-standing position. You can carry the stroller on your shoulder or can be pulled by a handle like a luggage. For a more compact fold, you can remove the wheels of the stroller.
The storage basket underneath the seat is easily accessible. The basket can accommodate 11 pounds easily. The basket has a magnetic closure that can be opened and closed as needed. The enclosed storage basket can keep the dirt away from the towels or other things.
Car seat compatibility
The stroller is car seat compatible with attaching a pair of car seat adapters comes with the box. For a newborn, you need to purchase a compatible car seat from Cybex or Maxi-Cosi separately.
Ease of use
The stroller is easy to assemble if you follow the manual. The adjustable handlebar can be set from 38.6 inches to 42.5 inches, so it is comfortable to push for the parents.
Moreover, the reversible seat can be reclined with a single hand by simply adjusting the lever. The stroller is foldable with a single hand and can be carried by the shoulder. The basket is spacious to carry most of the baby’s essentials, and it is extendable when needed.
Furthermore, the canopy is easily expandable with one hand and has a peek-a-boo window to keep an eye on your baby. The carrycot and stroller seat are convenient to install on the chassis, and do not require any adapters.
The frame is made of sturdy aluminum. The seat unit and canopy are built with denim-like soft fabric. The seat fabric is removable for washing. The fabric is machine washable. Moreover, the wheels are durable to ensure a smooth ride for the baby and built to last long.
Pros & Cons of Cybex Priam 3
- 3-in-1 Travel System Ready
- Reversible seat
- Large canopy
- Bassinet compatible
- Easy to maneuver
- Slightly heavy
Accessories of Cybex Priam 3
Cybex Priam 3 supports an array of handy accessories available. You can purchase seat unit, rain cover, and car seat adapters. Lux Carry Cot, Cybex Lite Cot, Cloud Z Infant Car Seat, Priam Skis, Stroller Cup Holder, Stroller Snack Tray, Footmuff, Insect Net for Seat and Carrycot.
- Lux Carry Cot: This carrycot is for newborns. Parents can carry their baby with this bassinet or carrycot on the stroller or by the handle. The carrycot also comes in various colors and appealing designs.
- Cloud Z Infant Car Seat: The Cloud Z Infant Car Seat is available in various fashionable colors. This car seat can carry 28.7 pounds maximum from 0 to 24 months babies. Height adjustable headrest, XXL foldable canopy, 180° rotating mechanism, and integrated linear side-impact protection makes it safe to use for newborns.
- Priam Skis: The front wheels can be exchanged with the Priam Skis on snowy days for a smooth and stylish ride. The skis weigh only 2.2 pounds and ensure great mobility on snowy days.
- Stroller Cup Holder: A cup holder is needed when you want to have a coffee while strolling with your baby. A Cybex Priam 3 compatible is available, which needs to be ordered separately.
- Stroller Snack Tray: The snack tray for the baby comes in platinum and gold. It has two joined trays and a cup holder. The tray is 100% plastic and can be wiped clean effortlessly.
- Insect Net for Seat and Carrycot: Insects are everywhere, especially when you are traveling the countryside. Insect net is available for seat and carrycot to protect your babies from the bites of insects.
Things We Loved About Cybex Priam 3
- 3-in-1 Travel System Ready: This stroller is travel system-ready. The frame is also compatible with toddler seat, lite cot, and bassinet without any adapters. A set of adapters come with the stroller to install the car seat. The car seat adapters are compatible with only Maxi-Cosi and Cybex car seats.
- Reversible seat: The stroller’s stylish, fully cushioned toddler seat can be adjusted for the baby to face the world or the parents. The seat comes in various colors in contrast to the canopy and chassis. Parents can recline the seat by using the lever with one hand only.
- Large canopy: The canopy of the stroller is so large that it reaches the bumper bar. Opening the two panels of the canopy allows the baby to enjoy the sun and breeze. For your sleeping baby, the third zippered panel can be opened for giving extra shade for a comfortable nap. Moreover, the third panel has a peek-a-boo window with magnetic closure. The sun canopy provides UPF50+ sun protection against the sun.
- Bassinet compatible: The chassis is compatible with PRIAM 3 Lux Carry Cot without adapters. The easy to install bassinet can be removed with a simple click on the buttons. Customizable designs and colors are available for the bassinet or the carrycot to match with the stroller which needs to be ordered separately.
- Easy to maneuver: Cybex Priam 3 is a full-sized stroller that can give the comfort of home to your baby. Easy to recline, easy to adjust handlebar, and no-flat wheels make it easier to maneuver for the parents. Parents take enjoy riding on the beach with their baby with this two-wheel stroller.
Things to Consider Before Buying Cybex Priam 3
- Storage Capacity: The storage basket underneath the seat is easily accessible. The basket can accommodate 11 pounds easily. The basket has a magnetic closure that can be opened and closed as needed. The enclosed storage basket can keep the dirt away from the towels or other things.
- Car Seat Compatibility: The stroller is car seat compatible with attaching a pair of car seat adapters comes with the box. For a newborn, you need to purchase a compatible car seat from Cybex or Maxi-Cosi separately.
- Ease of Use: The stroller is easy to assemble if you follow the manual. The adjustable handlebar can be set from 38.6 inches to 42.5 inches, so it is comfortable to push for the parents. Moreover, the reversible seat can be reclined with a single hand by simply adjusting the lever. The stroller is foldable with a single hand and can be carried by the shoulder. The basket is spacious to carry most of the baby’s essentials, and it is extendable when needed. Furthermore, the canopy is easily expandable with one hand and has a peek-a-boo window to keep an eye on your baby. The carrycot and stroller seat are convenient to install on the chassis, and do not require any adapters.
- Build Quality: The frame is made of sturdy aluminum. The seat unit and canopy are built with denim-like soft fabric. The seat fabric is removable for washing. The fabric is machine washable. Moreover, the wheels are durable to ensure a smooth ride for the baby and built to last long.
Comparison Table: Cybex Priam 3 vs. Other Cybex Strollers
Cybex Priam 3 Stroller (2019) vs. Cybex Priam Stroller (2018)
Cybex Priam 3 Stroller (2019) has more vivid color options for seats and two colors for chassis, whereas Cybex Priam Stroller (2018) is available only in neutral colors. The seat can be reclined in 4 positions in the former version, and the recent version can recline in 3 positions. Both of the strollers have great maneuverability. Find a detailed comparison in the chart illustrated below:
|Features||Cybex Priam 3||Cybex Priam with Lux Seat (Dis. 2018)|
|Weight||28.1 lbs||28.3 lbs (All-terrain wheel version)|
|Unfolded size||H: 108 x W: 60 x L: 85 cm||H: 108 x W: 57.5 x L: 85 cm|
|Folded size||H: 95 x W: 60 x L: 40 cm||H: 95 x W: 57.5 x L: 42 cm|
|Weight capacity||up to 55 lbs||up to 55 lbs|
|Basket capacity||11 lbs||11 lbs|
|Seat recline||3 positions||3 positions|
|Bassinet||Yes (sold separately)||Yes (sold separately)|
|Car seat compatibility||Yes (with adapters)||Yes (with adapters)|
|Canopy||Canopy with peek-a-boo window||Canopy with peek-a-boo window|
|Convert to double||No||No|
|View on Amazon||View on Amazon|
Comparison Table: Cybex Priam 3 vs. Others
Cybex Priam 3 Vs. Bugaboo Fox 2
The Cybex Priam 3 and Bugaboo Fox 2 weighs almost the same (close to 34 pounds). Both of them have reversible seats. Cybex Priam lies flat, which is not possible for Fox 2. Single hand fold is possible with Cybex Priam, but you need two hands to fold Fox 2. Moreover, the Cybex Priam comes with a travel system-ready accessory, whereas you need to buy separately for the other one.
Cybex Priam 3 Vs. Uppababy Vista V2
Cybex Priam 3 and Uppababy Vista V2 are great strollers to travel in the city. The Priam 3 can be reclined fully, whereas Vista V2 can be reclined to a near-flat position. Both the strollers have reversible seats so that your baby can enjoy the view of world or get a view of the parents. There is an extended canopy with a sun visor in both the strollers. You will find the full comparison chart in the following table.
|Features||Cybex Priam 3||Bugaboo Fox 2||Uppababy Vista V2|
|Weight||28.1 lbs||21.8 lbs||27 lbs|
|Unfolded size||H: 108 x W: 60 x L: 85 cm|
H: 108 x W: 60 x L: 104 cm
|H: 100 x W: 65 x L: 91.5 cm|
|Folded size||H: 95 x W: 60 x L: 40 cm||H: 34 x W: 52 x L: 86 cm||H: 84.5 x W: 65 x L: 44 cm|
|Weight capacity||0-36 months, 55 lbs|
0-48 months, 48.5 lbs
|Toddler seat: up to 50 lbs;|
Rumbleseat: up to 35 lbs
|Basket capacity||11 lbs||up to 22 lbs||30 lbs|
|Seat recline||1 hand, 3 positions||3 Positions||Multi-positions|
|Reversible seat||Yes||Yes||Yes, Both Toddler & Rumbleseat|
|Fold||1 hand, self-standing||2 hand, self-standing||1 hand, self-standing|
|Bassinet||Yes (sold separately)||Yes||Yes|
|Car seat compatibility||Yes (with adapters)||Yes (with adapters)||Yes (with & without adapters)|
|Canopy||Canopy with peek-a-boo window||Extendable with peek-a-boo window||2-Panel, extendable, peek-a-boo window|
|Convert to double||No||No||Yes|
|View on Amazon||View on Amazon||View on Amazon|
Stroller Insider’s Verdict
Cybex Priam 3 is a customizable, fashionable, and comfortable use stroller for babies. It boasts a premium frame, comfortable seat, excellent suspension system, reversible and reclinable seat, huge canopy, and ample storage basket. Moreover, it is maneuverable on the beach and glides easily through stairs in two-wheel mode. The only downsides are that the stroller is on the heavy side, and the price range is slightly higher.
To our opinion, this stroller is best suited for city terrains and occasional trips and travel outside the city. If you want a smart stroller to control with uphill and downhill steering, opt for the Cybex e-Priam.
Is Cybex Priam suitable for overnight sleeping?
You can use the Cybex Priam stroller for occasional overnight sleeping. It is better not to use it regularly for sleeping.
Is the Cybex Priam 3 a lightweight stroller?
No, Cybex Priam 3 is not a very lightweight stroller. It weighs around 28.1 pounds.
Is the Cybex Priam 3 all-terrain?
Cybex Priam 3 offers smooth riding on most terrains. The stroller has an off-road gliding capacity. But it is not recommended for extensive off-road strolling.
Can Cybex Priam 3 become double?
No, Cybex Priam 3 cannot be convertible to a double stroller.
Does the Cybex Priam 3 fit in the boot of the car?
You need to have a spacious car boot to fit the stroller. You can take off the seat for an ultra-compact fold which way it is easier to fit in a small car boot.
Related Posts Cybex e Priam Review: The #1 Smart Stroller You Can Buy Now! Joolz Day 3 Stroller Review: Stylish And Intelligent Design UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Double Stroller Review
I research, test, review, and recommend the best products. My content is intended for informational and educational purposes only. If you buy something through links, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Stroller Insider is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As Amazon Associates, we earn from qualifying purchases.