BOB Jogging Strollers are known for their amazing durability and performance. The stroller’s wheels are durable and rugged to withstand wear and tear. However, after years of use, wearing or a flat tire may likely occur. To keep your BOB strollers performing, you should know how to change the BOB stroller tire. So, you can change the Bob stroller tire all by yourself; I have breakdown the process into easy-to-follow steps so you master how to change BOB stroller tire. Let’s begin!
- How To Change Bob Stroller Tire
- Wrapping Up
How To Change Bob Stroller Tire
To begin with, gather the necessary equipment and remove the stroller tires. While replacing, if somehow your internal tube is damaged, replace it, and then you have to reinstall the tire back to the stroller.
Things needed to change the BOB stroller tire
To change your BOB stroller tire, you will need the following:
- A tire pump
- A compatible tire or tube
- A safety glass
- Two flat-head screwdrivers
How to Remove Bob Stroller Tires (Step by Step)
- Step 1: If you are going to change the rear wheels, then you need to disengage the parking brake before removing the wheels.
- Step 2: Open the quick-release lever and open the wheel. If there’s any secondary lever on your stroller model, press on it and remove the wheel.
- Step 3: To remove the front wheel, lock the swivel wheel and open the quick-release lever.
- Step 4: Unthread the nuts, and the front wheel of the BOB stroller is removed.
Removal of internal tubes and tires on BOB strollers (Step by Step)
- Step 1: Release the lever and open the BOB Stroller tire you want to replace the internal tube.
- Step 2: Then remove the cap of the inner tube
- Step 3: Apply pressure in the center of the valve to completely deflate the inner tube.
- Step 4: From the wheel edge across the valve, slide a flat screwdriver between the tire and wheel and gently separate the tire from the wheel.
- Step 5: Now, insert the second flat screwdriver about four inches from the first and gently detach the tire from the wheel by working around the whole tire similarly.
- Step 6: From the edge of the wheel, locate the inner tube and gently remove it between the tire and the wheel.
- Step 7: Remove the valve from the hole in the wheel.
- Step 8: Separate the tire completely from the wheel rim.
How to Install the Tire and inner tube on BOB Stroller (Step by Step)
- Step 1: Inspect the tire and remove any objects that could damage the inner tube
- Step 2: Place the tire over the wheel rim.
- Step 3: Use a flat-edge screwdriver to work the tire over the wheel rim.
- Step 4: Inflate the tube until it forms into shape and resit the inner tube inside the tire.
- Step 5: Insert the inner tube through the hole in the rim.
- Step 6: Align the valve over the hole in the wheel and push through
- Step 7: Resit the second edge of the tire over the wheel rim and work your way around until it’s complete.
- Step 8: Re-inflate the tube and replace the valve.
- Step 9: Finally, once the tire is inflated, install the wheel back on the stroller and make sure the quick-release lever is engaged.
How do you put a front tire on a BOB stroller?
To put a front tire on the BOB stroller, tighten the adjusting nuts on each side of the axle until it’s tight. The quick-release lever should not be moving as you tighten the tension-adjusting nut. To close, flip the quick-release lever until you feel some resistance.
We are finally at the end of the How to Change BOB Stroller Tire post. Changing the stroller tire or the inner tubes is not as difficult as it seems. But all you need to do is follow the right instructions. By using the proper tools and the tips from above, you can change the BOB tire easily. If you have further queries, do comment in the comment section.