We all know that UPPAbaby Vista V2 is a single stroller that is also convertible to a double stroller. Stylish and functional Vista V2 is one of the most versatile strollers of 2020, but how it performs as a double stroller?
The latest Vista has gained so popularity, and all the hypes around, I was wondering how does it score as double? I won a Vista V2, double it for my younger kiddos, my older kid Jason liked the stroller board as a plaything. From my experience with Vista, I can tell it’s one of the best convertible strollers there is! I was tempted to write this article on the best double stroller you can buy today, the latest UPPAbaby Vista V2 for two specific reasons: 1. to help parents who looking for a convertible double stroller that makes room for one kid and can accommodate another if needed (grows with the family!) and 2. a fan big time! (for how it made my life easier).
Do You Need A Double Stroller?
Ask a single mother of three like me, do I need a double stroller? It’s like part and parcel of my life now. My youngest is a newborn, so I need a bassinet and a toddler seat to double up. If you have a twin or more than one baby, a double stroller is a lifesaver. But if you have one and not thinking of taking another for years, Oh, well, you don’t need a convertible stroller at all, since most convertible ones are bulky and heavier than single strollers. A friend of mine, having one toddler and expecting a baby, was thinking ahead of time, looking for a double stroller, a sleek and functional convertible double stroller like UPPAbaby Vista is what I recommend for them.
Why UPPAbaby Is The Best Double Stroller?
Uppbaby Vista is a full-sized tandem stroller that offers a wide array of customized seating arrangements for your baby. These types of strollers are the most practical as they take the space as a single stroller. The other option is the side-by-side strollers that take up more space than the Tandems. So, it’s difficult to move through doors, shopping malls, narrow alleys, etc. These strollers are the best fit for outdoor use. Whereas best in class, in-line convertible double stroller like UPPAbaby worthy of your attention for so many reasons.
- In-line double stroller instead of side-by-side
- One-click easy adjustable handlebar
- Full reclining toddler seat, compatible RumbleSeat is fully reclines
- Stands when folded
- Spacious storage basket. Capacity: 30 lbs.
- Premium stylish fabrics with leather accents and powder-coated aluminium.
- Durable aluminum and magnesium frame
- Included bug shield for the bassinet and the toddler seat, rain shield, and a bassinet storage bag
- Includes premium bassinet for infants
- Unfolded: 36”L x 25.7”W x 39.5”H
- Folded with seat attached: 17.3”L x 25.7”W x 33”H
- Folded without seat attached: 16.8”L x 25.7”W x 33”H
- Frame and Seat: 26.6 lbs.
- Bassinet: 8.8 lbs.
- Luxurious full-sized, convertible double stroller
- An array of customizable seating capacity
- Easy recline and a large canopy for sun protection
- Premium and heavy-duty material construction
- User-friendly folding, unfolding and adjustment
- Thoughtfully crafted with functional features
- Smooth wheel suspension with all-terrain capacity
- It comes with an infant bassinet
- Heavy for frequent movement up and down
- Few seating customizations are awkward
6 Reasons Why You Should Buy UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Double Stroller
1. Compatible with car seats: With the help of the adapters, you can attach a car seat. UPPAbaby Mesa Car Seat and other compatible car seats like Maxi-Cosi, Cybex, etc., can be attached to the Vista easily. The best thing is, you can double-up the stroller with a car seat and a toddler seat or two car seats simultaneously!
2. It allows endlessly customizable seating arrangements: The toddler seat, RumbleSeat (you have to purchase it separately), or the bassinet can be placed facing you, face the world, or they can also face each other. There are numerous possibilities to arrange seating configuration as you and your baby deem fit. Just remember that the toddler seat holds up to 50 lbs. The RumbleSeat holds up to 35 lbs. You can see the detailed review of the latest (Content Link Vista V2) for more details.
3. It comes with a bassinet: Vista comes with a toddler seat and a bassinet along with the box. So, it infant ready out of the box, and you don’t have to buy any add-ons. Now you move with your newborn and toddler at the same time.
4. You can fold it while keeping it in a standing position: Although the Vista is a full-sized stroller, it folds and unfolds easily with a simple procedure. You can fold it and store it while standing up. It takes so little space that you can store the stroller in your closet!
5. A super-spacious storage basket: Parents with more than one kid like me carry many things like diapers, water bottles, toys, etc., while on the go. These necessities go in the storage basket. The good thing is that the Vista stroller has a lot of space in the basket with the capacity to contain up to 30 lbs.!
6. Extra-large shade canopy: UPPAbaby stroller canopy has UPF 50+ protection, offers you maximum coverage of the seat. Enjoy the afternoon sun yourself and at the same time give your baby the protection that she needs. The mesh ventilation ensures essential airflow during spread.
How Does UPPAbaby VISTA Work As a Double Stroller?
An upper seat that comes with Vista is called the toddler seat. The toddler seat only fits on the top position, and it holds a child up to 50 pounds, whereas the lower seat (which is sold separately) is called the RumbleSeat. The rumble seat fits only at the bottom position, and it has a weight limit of 35 pounds. If you already own a Vista stroller, you need to purchase a RumbleSeat or a car seat. You can also attach the bassinet if needed. This weight limit may be an issue if you have twin toddlers or toddlers with a similar weight range, otherwise, the RumbleSeat is fine for carrying a second kid. The Vista V2 can be doubled up with a bassinet, car seat, or the RumbleSeat. Let’s look up how the double configurations work:
The easiest way to turn the Vista into a double is by adding the rumble seat. Technically you don’t need adaptors for this configuration, but I strongly recommend attaching the upper adapters because it adds space between the two seats, so your kids have more leg-room. You can have both seats facing you, both seats facing forward, or the seats can be back-to-back. The seats can also recline facing both directions, but if both kids need a nap, they’ll have room for a full recline if they’re both facing you.
When the Vista is a double stroller, any car seat, like the (Product Link- UPPAbaby Mesa), requires adaptors to create space for two kids. If you want the car seat in the upper position, you’ll need the upper adaptors to raise the seat high enough to fit another seat. If you’re using a car seat from a brand other than UPPAbaby like Maxi-Cosi, Cybex, or others:
First, attach the upper adapter.
Then add your specific car seat adapter on top of it.
You can also add a car seat to the lower position of the Vista if you have twins or if you have a toddler who’s too big for the lower position.
First, attach the lower adapter then the specific adapter for your car seat.
When using the lower adapters for any car seat, you still need upper adapters to create more space for the upper seat alternatively. UPPAbaby offers a different lower adapter specifically for car seats from Nuna, Maxi Cosi, or Cybex.
If you need to attach the bassinet, it’s better to use it in the lower position. While the stroller is in double configuration, you don’t need the rumble seat, but you do need both the upper and lower adapters.
First, attach the lower adapters to the bottom of the frame, then click the bassinet on top.
Add the upper adapters, which raise the toddler seat higher to allow enough space. Face the toddler seat toward you for the best fit.
- If you’re having twins, you can use the Vista with two car seats or two bassinets for all twin configurations. You’ll need both the upper and lower adapters to do that. But if you’re using two UPPAbaby mesa car seats, you don’t need any adapters.
- If you want to go double with UPPAbaby using car seats from another brand, you’ll need to attach a separate adapter specific for the seat on top of the upper or lower adapters.
UPPAbaby Vista is a luxurious, convertible double stroller. It is highly customizable with numerous features for you and your baby. Your baby can be seated conveniently. Every part of this stroller is so thoughtfully crafted that you love to carry your babies on it. Indeed, there are many options for double strollers; the UPPAbaby Vista is one of the unique feature-packed and user-friendly strollers that you can buy today!
Related Posts UPPAbaby VISTA V2 Review UPPAbaby Vista V2 Accessories That Make Life Easier! The Ultimate Thule Sleek Review (Updated 2022)
I research, test, review, and recommend the best products. My content is intended for informational and educational purposes only. If you buy something through links, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Stroller Insider is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As Amazon Associates, we earn from qualifying purchases.